Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Skincare Routine- Facewash & Clarisonic


Washing my face is the most crucial step in my skincare routine as no product is going to cure your acne if you don't make sure that your face is completely clean of any makeup residues before you put on any skincare product. To make sure that my face is completely clean, I usually use my Clarisonic Mia along with my nighttime facewash. I'm sure all of you know about the Clarisonic by now, but in case you don't it is basically a vibrating facebrush that helps to deep clean your pores and exfoliate your face- a skincare staple if you're a makeup wearer. I usually use this every other day, which is how often I wear makeup.

The two facewash I use with my Clarisonic are the Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Cleanser and the Origins Zero Oil Cleanser. These two are both targeted towards oily and acne-prone skin, and are both effective at making my face squeaky clean without being drying. I've noticed significantly less breakouts and smaller pores since I've started using these two products. The Michael Todd one has charcoal as one of its ingredients, which helps to draw out the impurities from your pores. The Origins one also has great natural ingredients in it including saw palmetto and salicylic acid which help to prevent future breakouts.

In the morning, I like to use something that's more gentle while also slightly exfoliating to get my face bright and smooth and ready for makeup. I usually will alternate between the Alpha Hydrox Foaming Facewash, Meishoku Detclear Fruits Peeling Jelly, and the REN Micro Polish. The Alpha Hydrox one has glyoclic acid in it, which works as a chemical exfoliant to gently exfoliate my face, while the REN one acts like a physical exfoliant. The Meishoku Peeling Jelly is a really cool and unique product in that it comes out like a jelly, but as you massage it into your skin it turns gritty, and you can actually see your dead skin coming off of your face, which gives me a strangely satisfying feeling. This contains both AHA and BHA, which again just helps to clear out your pores and exfoliate your skin.

One thing that I want to emphasize is that all of these cleansers are sulfate-free, which is the most important aspect that I look for when I buy cleansers. Sulfate is an ingredient that's found in many cleansers and shampoos; it acts as a surfactant and is what makes your cleansers foam. It is very harsh and drying on the skin, so I would recommend to read the ingredient lists before you buy any cleansers to make sure that it's sulfate-free. Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...