Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Skincare Routine- Toners


Toning is an essential step in my skincare routine- not only does it help to remove any makeup or facewash residues from my face it also helps to balance the pH of my skin and exfoliate my skin at the same time. I usually will alternate between these toners as I don't want my skin to get used to one product and lose its effectiveness.

The Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Toner contains many great natural ingredients that are anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial while still being moisturizing. It helps to calm down the redness in my skin and prevent any future breakouts.

Lush Tea Tree Toner is another one of my favorite; it contains tea tree oil which also has anti-bacterial effect on the skin. It also gives the skin a cooling sensation and helps to mattify your face on those hot summer days.

If you want a cheaper alternative, then check out Thayer's Witch Hazel. Witch hazel has been proven to have many beneficial effects on the skin- it helps to moisturize and heal the skin while also having anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects on the skin. You can find this for under $10 at any grocery store.

The Caudalie Beauty Elixir has been highly-raved about lately; it contains a mix of essential oils and plant-derived ingredients that just helps to give your skin a  boost when your skin is looking dull and lackluster. It helps to tighten pores and calm down any redness, and adds back any moisture or nutrients that your skin may have lost.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...