Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Brand Overview: Chanel


Chanel products are known for their gorgeous packaging and even though a lot of their products are over-priced, I do find that some of their products are so uniquely made that you won't be able to find from any other brands, and so from time to time I do splurge on some of their products.


If you love neutral shimmery champagne shadows, then Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Emerveille is a must-have for you. It is the most gorgeous champagne color I've ever found, and its shimmers are so finely milled that it won't look tacky on the eyes. A swatch just doesn't do it justice and you must go try it yourself in stores. It just instantly brightens up my eyes and is great for natural everyday makeup. The texture of it is also unlike any other cream shadows I've tried; it has a mousse texture in the pot but once it's on the eyes it dries to a powder finish and last all day without creasing on my oily eyelids.

Chanel Teint Innocence is an oil-free, fluid-based foundation so it feels incredibly light on the skin and is super hydrating. It has a medium coverage and gives the skin a beautiful luminous finish. This is definitely one of my top winter-time foundations.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation is my go-to foundation if I want a natural, I'm-not-wearing-makeup makeup look. It has a light and buildable coverage so it evens out my skin tone and covers up any redness while still letting my actual skin shine through. It is also oil-free and fluid-based so it feels very lightweight on the skin while still being hydrating. I always get compliments when I wear this.

To be honest, the only reason I bought Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick in Romantic was because I wanted to try a high-end lipstick. It is a mauvey pink color that is great to wear on the daily basis, and feels very hydrating on the lips. You could  probably find similar colors in the drugstore, but I just love the sleek  packaging of Chanel lipsticks and I feel like every girl needs to have a Chanel lipstick in their collection!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...