Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Update & Favorites

Hi guys! It's been a while since I last updated my blog. School has been kicking my butt, and I barely had anytime to do anything. Since summer is here now, I'll definitely be updating my blog more frequently. I thought I would come back with a current favorites post. I've definitely been trying tons of new products in the past months so keep checking back for more reviews coming up!


The Body Shop has been upping their games lately and coming out with lots of amazing new releases. I recently tried out their color crush lipsticks, and I fell in love with them. Their formula reminds me a lot of the YSL sheer candies; they're sheer and very moisturizing. They have been my go-to lipsticks lately as they're super easy to put on and the color is very buildable. I prefer them over the revlon lip butters, which I found to be very greasy-feeling on my lips and made my lips peel. I have it in the color #14 and #18, and I'll definitely be picking up more in the future!


I love me some neutral, bronzy eyeshadows, especially for the summer months when I can't be bothered with my eye makeup. I've been using the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Rosegold all over my lids lately for an easy beachy, bronzy look, and it just gives my eyes the perfect amount of shimmer and definition. Just like the name says, it's a bronzy rosegold color. The formula is very smooth and buttery, and lasts well on my oily eyelids.

I finally discovered my holy grail powder!!! It is the Tarte Amazonian Airbrush Foundation. Words cannot describe how much I love this power, it is everything I want in a powder! It is sweatproof, waterproof, high coverage, and very natural looking on the skin. You can apply it over your liquid foundation or tinted moisturizers for a flawless look, or just use it on its own for days when you want an effortless natural look. Like the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder, you can keep layering this powder on your face without having it looking cakey. Moreover, it is more lasting than the Laura Mercier powder and gives more of a satin to matte finish, which I definitely need in the humid summer months.


Another product that's perfect for the hot summer months is the Josie Maran Coconut Cheek Gelee. It looks and feels like pudding in the pot, but once you apply it on your face, it turns into a stain and literally won't budge until you take it off at night. It just blends into your skin and makes you look like you've got a natural flush.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...