Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Current Obsession- Cream Blushes


For me, spring means glowy skin, and the best way to achieve that is to use cream blushes. I think that cream blushes can do so much for your skin- a sheer layer of it on your cheekbones can give you that really healthy dewy glow; you can also build up the color to give your face a natural tint. Cream blushes are suitable for all skin types, even for people with oily skin, as long as you have a good primer underneath and set it with a setting spray.


In general, I prefer blushes with a peachy tone, just because I have a lot of redness going on on my skin so any blushes that are too pink will just emphasize the redness. I know  that these colors all look pretty similar in the pan, but I promise you that they will give you different looks when you actually wear it on your face.


The first color is NYX Boho Chic. I absolutely adore blushes from NYX; they're so pigmented, blend out easily, and last all day on my face. This one is the pinkest blush out of all of them; however, it is a neutral pink that won't bring out the redness in my skin. It also dries down to a dewy finish so you can always wear it as a highlight up your cheekbones. These NYX cream blushes are very high quality and they've got a pretty wide range of shade selection as well.

The next one is Topshop Neon Rose, which is probably the brightest shade out of all of them. It is a beautiful coral color that dries down to a powder finish, so it's great for people with oily skin. I love these blushes, but I just wish that they would bring out more shade selections in the future.

Stila Convertile Color in Gerbera is probably my favorite cream blush of all time. It is a light, almost pastel peachy color that dries down to a dewy finish, and just makes my face look healthy and refreshed. A must-have for those of you who like light, barely-there makeup.

Next is Paul & Joe Creamy Cheek in 01, which again is a peachy coral color that has very subtle shimmers in it and dries down to a satin finish. The shimmers in it help to give your face a subtle highlight without looking overly shimmery.

Lastly, Canmake Cream Cheek in 05 is an orangey coral color that dries matte. Canmake is a Japanese brand that makes affordable yet high-quality makeup. I found mine on Ebay for less than $10. I love the cute packaging and it's definitely great to bring on-the-go for touch-ups throughout the day.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...