Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Dupe for the Bobbi Brown Corrector

I'm sure all of you have heard of Bobbi Brown's infamous under-eye corrector; it is a cult favorite of many beauty gurus here on the internet. I obviously had to get it after reading and hearing so many great reviews about it ever since I became interested with makeup. It is a creamy concealer-like product that acts to correct dark circles and brighten up the under-eye area; you can also follow-up with a concealer if your under-eye dark circles are especially bad. Since I don't have a lot of problems with dark circles, I use it on its own and set it with either the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder or Baremineral's Well-rested. The reason why it's so amazing at brightening up the under-eye area is because it has a peachy undertone, which acts to cancel out the bluish or purplish undertone of your dark circles; a regular concealer just doesn't perform the same.


Well...I've found a dupe, and it's called the Salmon Concealer from Skinfood. You can find this on pretty much any Asian beauty sites; I bought mine from Ebay for around $10. It comes with 10 grams of product, which is absolutely amazing considering that the Bobbi Brown Corrector retails at $30 and only comes with 0.05 oz (approximately 1.5 g) of product.



As you can see, they look pretty similar in the pot, but on my hand, Skinfood swatches a bit lighter than Bobbi Brown. I have the skinfood one in the lightest shade which is No.1, and I have the Bobbi Brown one in light peach. They both have that peachy undertone, and perform exactly the same on my face. They both have that creamy texture that makes them extremely easy to blend, and longevity wise, they perform pretty similar as well.

The only downside about Skinfood is that it only comes with two shades, while Bobbi Brown has way more shade selections. If you're around Mac NC30, then both shades should suit you pretty well.

If you're in a budget and doesn't want to pay the hefty $30 for Bobbi Brown, then definitely check out the Skinfood salmon concealer.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!! I was thinking for a long time about buying the Bobbi Brown concealer because I have pretty bad dark circles. But the price was so high for that small amount of product and it pained me just thinking about buying it. I'm really happy I ran across your blog! Thank you for the dupe! ^v^

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...