Monday, August 5, 2013

French Pharmacy Skincare Haul & Review

I've always loved French pharmacy skincare brands such as La Roche Posay, Vichy, Nuxe, etc., and recently I found a site called escentual.com which sells a lot of French pharmacy skincare brands for really affordable prices. After doing a thorough research online, I made a list of a few French pharmacy skincare must-haves that people recommended and purchased them on escentual.com. The prices are significantly cheaper than what you would pay for in your local drugstores and the shipping was only $5.

Vichy Normaderm 3 In 1 Cleanser + Scrub + Mask is a multipurpose product that you can use either as a cleanser or a quick 5-minutes mask. The Normaderm line is targeted towards acne-prone skin, and I've tried a few things from this line before and loved all of them. This mask is clay-based so it helps to clear out the impurities from your pores while also being slightly exfoliating. This is great for days where I don't have the time to do a 20-minutes mud mask but still want to deep cleanse my skin.

La Roche Posay Cicaplast was mentioned in quite a few blogposts that I read and caught my attention. It is a pro-recovery gel that helps to accelerate the healing process of your skin, so it's great for people who use a lot of acne-fighting products which can be quite harsh on the skin and cause the skin to become quite sensitive over time. It contains ingredients such as copper, zinc and manganese which have been shown to speed up the regeneration of skin cells. Basically it helps you to build a new layer of skin. I find that it really helps to calm down the redness in my skin as well as making my pimples go away faster without leaving any scars. I've using it as a nighttime moisturizer and so far I'm loving it.

You guys know that I love my Dior crem de rose lipbalm, but I find that I go through it really fast and I just can't afford to use it everyday. So I picked up the Caudalie Lip Conditioner to use as my daily lip balm because it was significantly cheaper, and I think I'll save the Dior one for special occasions. I use it before I go to sleep because it is super thick and takes a while to absorb, but in the morning I wake up to super soft and hydrated lips. Definitely another love from Caudalie!

I had to get the Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner because Lisa Aldridge mentioned it in several of her videos as her go-to primer for her clients with oily or acne-prone skin, and I always trust her recommendations since she's a professional makeup artist. It keeps my face matte throughout the day and works as a primer for my foundation to prolong its longevity. It also works as a skincare product to regulate sebum production and tighten pores over time. I find that a lot of primers can clog my pores overtime but this one doesn't and actually makes my pores look smaller.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comments:

  1. I bought the Cicaplast and it didn't do anything for me, unfortunately. Felt like I was applying petroleum jelly to my skin and it didn't really soothe anything. I had such high hopes for that product. Everyone seems to love it; I wish my skin would love it too! I've been using that Vichy mask for a loooong time; LOVE IT! I'll have to check out the other 2 products you've mentioned; haven't heard of those before! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...