Thursday, August 8, 2013

Disappointing Products #2



I tried the Clinique SuperCity Block SPF 40 because it sounded like it would be good for my oily skin since it's oil free. Unfortunately it broke me out. On top of that, I also found that the slight tint did nothing for my skin and did not cover anything; it also left my face looking super shiny. My go-to sunscreen at the moment is the Allie Mineral Moisture Gel SPF 50, which is the lightest feeling sunscreen I found so far and leaves my face looking matte.

I love me some shimmery bronzy eyeshadows, and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Rosegold was rated as a must-have eyeshadow for neutral shadow lovers. Unfortunately, this shadow had too much of a red undertone in it and made me look like I had pinkeye- not a flattering look on me. This eyeshadow had a good formula though, the color just didn't work out for me.

Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow is another highly-rated item and is supposed to be a super subtle and natural-looking contour/bronzing cream. I don't have any bronzers/contours in a cream formula so I thought I would give it a go. Although I like bronzers with a neutral/greyish undertone, this was just completely grey and made me look sickly instead of healthy and sun-kissed.

I tried out the Estee Lauder Shadow Paint in Pink Zinc because it's supposed to be the longest lasting cream shadow on the market. When I swatched the color on my hand it seemed like a beautiful pinky champagne color, but when I used it on my eyes it was all shimmers and no pigmentation at all. The longevity of it was mediocre as well. I'd much prefer my Maybelline Color Tattoos over this, which are much more affordable and last way longer.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comments:

  1. I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos aha :) I tried the Estee Lauder Paints and I agree, they're just not as good as the Color Tattoos. I honestly can't believe they're available at the drug store for such an affordable price! Haven't tried the other 3 products and I don't plan on purchasing them after reading this review aha :) Thanks, Rainy!

    - Gina :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...