Friday, June 28, 2013

Latest Skincare Obsession- Facial Oils


As promised, I'm dedicating an entire post on facial oils because I'm absolutely obsessed with them. They're great for all skin types, especially for oily skin because people with oily skin typically have dehydrated skin and an imbalance between the water and lipid content in their skin, causing the skin to overproduce oils in order to compensate for the lack of moisture in the skin. So using facial oils will help to replenish the oil in the skin and help to regulate the oil production in the long run. There are good oils and bad oils for the skin. Mineral oil is a bad one to avoid because it is comedogenic meaning that it clogs your pores. Plant-derived oils, such as rosehip oil, almond oil, sunflower oil, etc. are good for your skin because they help to replenish the hydrolipid barrier of the skin which protects your skin from all the environmental toxins, as well as providing your skin with the nutrients that it needs in order to repair itself. So long story short, if you haven't tried a facial oil before, go and get one now because it will do wonders for your skin!

Clarins Lotus Oil is what I use when my skin is being super oily or acne-prone. It helps to regulate my oil production and also makes my skin heal itself faster. I find that it really helps to fade acne scars, calm down any breakouts, and minimize the size of my pores.

Just like its names says, Balance Me Radiance Oil helps to enhance radiance of the skin and gives your skin a boost in the moisture department. I know that a lot of people with oily skin might think that their skin is already oily and shiny and so they don't need any more radiance, but having radiant skin actually helps to blur out any imperfections that you may have and make them less noticeable, and just generally makes your skin look healthier.

Caudalie Divine Oil is a multi-purpose oil that can be used on the skin, hair and body, although I only use it on my skin because it is quite expensive. This contains a lot of antioxidants which helps to increase the blood circulation to the skin and repair the skin overnight.

Pai Rosehip Oil is one of my recent purchases after hearing so many good things on rosehip oil. Rosehip oil became super popular ever since Victoria's Secret model Miranda Kerr mentioned it as one of her beauty secrets. Rosehip oil is full of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids that help to nourish the skin, repair any environmental damage and has a lot of anti-aging benefits. I love the formula of the Pai rosehip oil because unlike the other three oils I mentioned earlier, this one is super lightweight and absorbs quickly so it can be worn during the day. I find that it helps to calm down the redness in my skin, fade any acne scars, and just makes my skin look like it has a glow from within.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...