Friday, June 7, 2013

My Skincare Routine: Moisturisers & Sunscreen


Moisturisers are something that everyone should use regardless of what type of skin you have and regardless of whether your wear makeup or not. Everyone has some extent of dehydration in their skin, which can lead to dull, uneven skin, dry patches, and an overproduction of oils as your skin is trying to compensate for the lack of moisturization. I think moisturization is the key to a lot of skin problems; if your skin is not moisturized it won't be able to repair itself, and any other skin care products that you put on your face will lose its effectiveness. So choosing the right moisturiser is the key to better skin as increased hydration can lead to faster cell turnover and repair, and better absorption of other skincare products.

In the morning, I'll use the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier on my T-zone, which helps to control my oil production throughout the day. I then use the Clarins Daily Energizer Cream-Gel all over my face for hydration purposes. These two are both oil-free and feel super light on the skin. Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Mousse is the sunscreen I've been using lately. It has SPF 50+ PA +++ which is usually what I go for. It comes out like a mousse and once you smooth it over your face, it melts down to a watery consistency and is super easy to blend. It feels super light on the skin and doesn't leave a white cast on my skin.

For the nighttime, I like to use something richer that's going to repair my skin overnight. Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins is an oil-free moisturiser that contains tons of minerals and vitamins that will help to resurface your skin and gently sloughs away any dull or dry skin. I've mentioned the Clarins Lotus Oil before in my go-to skincare post, which you can click on to read a more in-depth review. It basically helps to put back the oil that my skin has lost during the day and rebalance the water-oil ratio of my skin, which eventually leads to less oily and more supple skin. Caudalie Divine Oil essentially does the same thing; it is a multi-purpose oil that can be used on the skin, hair, and body. I find that the Caudalie one is a little richer and more hydrating than the Clarins one, but they basically do the same thing. The Caudalie one also contains their patented polyphenol, which is an anti-oxidant ingredient that helps to increase the blood circulation to your skin and repair your skin overnight. Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comments:

  1. Hi friends! My name is siksha sinha from Delhi I share about my. Before few days my hair fall was so much I am 26 year old. Then I visit a clinic which name is klinikesthetika which is in Delhi. And after few months my Hair fall is stop and I am looking smart. Thanks to Klinikesthetika.com for Hair Fall Treatment India

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...