Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Skincare Routine: Acne Treatment


These three products are what I alternate between when I'm actively breaking out. I've tried out many acne treatment products over the years, including a few prescription ones, and these three are what work the best for my skin. I find that it's really important to switch up your acne treatment products every once in a while because your skin can get used to one product and the product will lose its effectiveness overtime, so it's just better to have a few products on-hand to alternate between.

La Roche Posay Efflar Duo contains a combination of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and LHA to help to refine the texture of your skin, unclog pores, as well as treat and prevent any future breakouts. When you first use this, you will notice your skin getting worse and breaking more as this product stimulates faster cell turnover and will bring out the acne that's deep down in your skin to the surface, which eventually leads to clearer skin. I usually will use this all over my T-zone during the nighttime, and this truly helps to create more perfect skin overtime.

For spot treatment, I use the OXY10 10% benzoyl peroxide, which is the typical ingredient used to treat acne. Benzoyl peroxide is anti-bacterial and can be a bit harsh and drying on the skin, so if you're just starting out with benzyl peroxide, definitely use the 2.5% or 5% formula. I believe 10% is the highest percentage that you can find for over-the-counter acne treatments. This is a product that I know I can trust and depend on; it dries up my pimples over night, but you definitely have to wear a sunscreen during the day when you are using this because otherwise it will cause redness and scarring.

Another spot treatment that I use is Lush Grease Lightning, which I alternate with the OXY10. This is a much gentler yet still effective acne treatment. It contains natural ingredients such as tea tree oil and thyme, and I find that this one won't cause redness or scarring that the OXY10 can sometimes cause. Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...