Friday, May 24, 2013

Nail Polish Haul


Now that spring is finally here, I've been in the mood to wear more bright colors. I typically don't wear a lot of jewelery on my hands just because I wash my hands a lot, so I find that wearing nail polishes is a great way to accessorize my hands.

The first color is Butter London Jasper, which is a pretty pastel yellow color. A good yellow nail polish is hard to come by; a lot of the ones I've tried are really sheer and takes forever to build up the color. But this one from Butter London doesn't disappoint, being $16 and all... It takes 2 coats to get an extremely opaque color, and lasts quite well on my nails.

OPI's You're such a budapest is a periwinkle color that I fell in love with at first sight. I love anything with hints of purple in it. 75% of my nail polish collection are some sort of shades of purple, so I knew I had to get this color as I don't have anything like it.

Next is Essie's naughty nautical, which I bought because it reminded me of Butter London's Slapper, which is a gorgeous turquoise color that I've had on my wishlist for a long time. Although I don't own Slapper, but just by comparing swatches online I'd have to say that Naught Nautical is a pretty close dupe for Slapper.

Essie's first timer has been highly talked about on Youtube recently; it is an unique shade that I've never seen anywhere and it is quite hard to describe. I wanna say that it is a darker version of mint green, but under different lights it looks turquoise sometimes.

I got Essie's meet me at the altar because I found it on clearance at a local beauty shop, and I remembered that someone on Youtube said that they wore this shade on their wedding day. It it's good enough to be worn on their wedding day then it's good enough for me. It is a pretty pinky purple color with hints of shimmer in it- a must-have if you're obsessed with nude polishes like I am.

The last two colors are from China Glaze's latest texture collection. In the rough is a gorgeous chartreuse color and Itty bitty & gritty is a dark pink color. These texture nail polishes have been pretty popular lately, and they gave your nails this really cool textured effect. The only negative thing I have to say about them is that they are extremely hard to remove, but nonetheless they look gorgeous on the nails.

The last item is the NCLA nail wraps (retailed at $14), which has been highly raved about by bloggers lately. I thought that these would be great to wear as accent nails. These come with some really cool patterns; the ones I got are a beautiful floral print. These last really long on the nails, so they are great for when you go traveling and want your nail polish to last the whole trip.


Here is a picture of my nails of the day. I'm wearing Essie's naughty nautical and NCLA nail wraps.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...