Monday, May 27, 2013

My Go-To Skincare Products


My go-to skincare products are products that I always reach for when I have a bad skin day, whether when my skin is being extremely oily or dry, or when I'm breaking out like crazy, or if I just want to pamper my skin and make it look extra healthy.

I've already talked about the Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads in an earlier post, so click here if you want a more detailed review. It basically comes with 60 exfoliating pads saturated with glycolic acid and salicylic acid that helps to treat breakouts, minimze pores, and even out the skin texture.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask is just a miracle worker. I don't know how it does it, but every time I put it on overnight, I just wake up with healthy glowing skin. Everything just looks better- pores look smaller, acne scars are faded, and my skin just looks more moisturized and supple. If you're lazy and don't want to pile on a bunch of different skincare products every night, definitely check this out because it just does everything. It is also very cost-effective considering that it comes with 100 mL of product and only costs  $27; a regular good moisturizer usually comes with 30-50 mL of product and costs  anywhere between $30- $50. It also smells amazing, which always helps me to sleep better during the night.

Got blackheads? No problem- IsQueen King Olive Sebum Care Mask will solve your problem. It is a black thick paste that you put on your nose area; it dries after about 15 minutes and you can just peel it off. I usually use this mask after a shower because the warm water in the shower helps to open up your pores, letting the mask do its job better. This is much gentler on the skin than nose strips, which can be really damaging for your skin and sometimes can even enlarge your pores in the process. It is also much more effective than the traditional nose strips because as it dries, it really gets deep down into the pores and holds on to your blackheads and whiteheads. You can find this on Sasa.com for around $10.

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is what I use when I have a dry, flaky skin day. It acts as a moisturizer and primer in one to help to make the skin look moisturized and glowing. This completely takes away the flakiness of my skin while also providing a smooth base for my foundation. This is a cult favorite and apparently many celebrities also use this. You can also use this as a mask but I just find it to be too wasteful as this is not a cheap product.

Clarins Lotus Oil has been my go-to moisturizer lately; I never thought that an oil could do so much for my skin. Many of you may be afraid to use oils on your skin, especially those with oily skins. But the reason why your skin is oily  is because there is an imbalance between the lipid and water content in your skin, leading to dehydration and an over-production of oils, so putting back oil in your skin will just help to balance your skin and make it less oily, which is exactly what this product does. I've noticed a significant reduction in the oiliness of my skin, and because the oil content in this product are all natural and plant-derived, it won't clog your pores. Clarins also makes other versions of this product for normal and dry skin. I find that I can use this year-round because it's very hydrating for my skin without being greasy. It does take a while to be absorbed, but when I wake up in the morning my skin just looks glowing and hydrated.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...