Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Skincare Routine - Serums


Serums are potent skincare products that can totally revamp how your skin looks. There are so many different types of serums on the market that are all meant to target different skin problems such as dehydration, dark spots, fine lines, large pores, uneven skin, etc.. Serums are meant to be used under moisturizers as the particles in serums are much smaller than that of moisturizers, allowing them to be better absorbed by the skin and target deeper layers of the skin. Serums can also maximize the efficacy of any moisturizers that you put on afterwards.

La Roche Posay Derm AHA has been a lifesaver for me as I have really congested pores and bumpy, uneven skin, and this just helps to clear out my pores and smooth out the texture of my skin. This contains 10% glycolic acid which works to chemically exfoliate the skin and promote cell turnover.

REN Resurfacing AHA Concentrate is a much gentler version of the La Roche Posay Derm AHA as it contains  a smaller concentration of lactic, glycolic, tartaric and citric acids. I find that this helps  to minimize the imperfections of my skin and gives my skin a healthy, radiant glow.

Lancome Visionnaire is one of those serums that promises to do everything for your skin. It claims to diminish wrinkles and pores, and correct any imperfections such as acne scars. This product is highly rated by beauty blogs and magazines everywhere, and I have to say that this product doesn't disappoint. It truly blurs out any imperfections on my skin and also increases the moisture retention of my skin; overtime my skin looks more supple and healthy. I find that I also break out less when I use this product thanks to its non-comedogenic formula.

Lastly, the Cosme Decorte Moisture Liposome is a pretty famous product in Japan as a lot of celebrities use this. This helps to penetrate deeper layers of the skin to repair damaged skin cells and continuously moisturizes the skin throughout the day, and helps to improve the moisture retention of any other moisturizers that you put on afterwards. I can't emphasize enough how moisturization is the key to better skin- when your skin is moisturized, it repairs and regenerates itself better, allowing any skincare product that you put on it to work much quicker and more effective.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. You're going to make me broke! I really want to get the LRP and Lancome serums now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol they last forever though, I've had both of them for over 1 year now and they're still half full. If you're gonna get the Lancome one I suggest you to get it from the Lancome counter cause they always have promotions and they give you a ton of samples

      Delete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...