Thursday, July 11, 2013

Current Skincare Favs


If you've seen my skincare routine posts, then you'll know that I have a pretty extensive list of products that I use. So instead of posting a whole new routine every time I change something in my routine, I thought I would just do these current skincare favs posts where I review skincare products that I've been trying lately.


If you've been reading my posts for a while, then you'll know that I absolutely adore Origins' masks. The newest one that I tried from Origins is their Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask, which is meant to be used when your skin is feeling congested or breaking out. This contains a lot of anti-bacterial and acne-fighting ingredients such as sulfur, zinc oxide and salicylic acid, and is great for people with oily, combo, or acne-prone skin. This is just like an instant solution when my skin is acting up, and it has quickly become a staple in my skincare routine.

I bought the Allie UV Moisture Gel because it was rated as the best-selling sunscreen in Japan in 2012, and this has definitely  become my favorite sunscreen of all time! This has SPF 50 PA ++++, which is more than what you would need on a daily basis. This contains mineral-enriched ingredients which help to keep the face hydrated throughout the day, yet it feels incredibly light on the skin and never looks greasy or shiny, which is the most important aspect that I look for in a sunscreen since I already have oily skin.

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Serum is another item that I bought after hearing so many great reviews on it, and it is often compared to the hydraluron, which you know I already love. Like the hydraluron, this contains hyaluronic acid which is the miracle ingredients for keeping your face hydrated. This also contains other brightening ingredients such as grape seed extracts which help to fade acne scars over time and brighten up your complexion. So I disagree with a lot of people who say that hydraluron is a dupe for this because it's not. While hydraluron is better for hydrating purposes, the Caudalie SOS serum does quite a few different things for my skin, and so it is worth the extra $20 that you pay for it.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir has probably been the most talked-about beauty product in the beauty community lately, and everyone and their mothers probably own it, literally. This is like a serum in a mist form as it contains a bunch of essential oils and plant-extracts to instantly stimulate microcirculation to your skin, and works to tighten pores and brighten up your complexion. I've literally been spraying this nonstop on my face lately because it somehow just makes my skin look so much better, and I find that this is really great for taking the cakiness out of my makeup as well as freshening up my makeup throughout the day.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Rainy. Do you think that suncreen would leave a white cast on my skin. Most sunscreens tend to do that and that's why I kinda skip wearing them (I know that's really bad!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No this one doesn't do that, it seriously feels like you put nothing on your face. You could even skip the moisturizer with this one because it is pretty hydrating.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. $50 for sunscreen; this stuff better be amazing, Rainy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But look at the amount of product that you're getting, it's triple the amount that you get in a typical sunscreen. You can probably find a smaller size on Ebay.

      Delete
    2. Ooo totally didn't take notice of the amount of product; you're right, you are getting a lot more! Thanks :)

      Delete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...