Monday, July 15, 2013

Products to Achieve a Glowing Complexion- Makeup


I've been all about the glowing skin lately, and it's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago I was terrified of putting anything slightly dewy on my skin as I have super oily skin and I thought that they would just look disastrous on my skin. Well, I was wrong. It's all about putting the glow in the right places and not only will it help your skin to look more youthful and healthy, it's also going to blur out any imperfections that you may have and even out your skin tone. So I've picked out a few of my favorite makeup products to help you achieve a glowing complexion.

Starting out with foundation, I have a high-end and a drugstore option. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is the perfect day-to-day foundation  that provides decent coverage while still letting your real skin shine through. It has the perfect amount of dewiness to it, and with the right oil-controlling primer it won't make you look oily at all. The drugstore equivalent is Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, which has a similar finish on the skin, but the formula is slightly thicker and is a bit more moisturizing. This contains loads of fruit extracts in it which is going to give your skin a boost of radiance and cancel out any dullness.

To brighten up the undereyes, Clinique Airbrush Concealer has got to be my favorite, and in my opinion it works so much better than the over-hyped YSL Touche Eclat. It cancels out any darkness in the undereye area and illuminates your face to make you look more awake and fresh.

The most effective way to create a glowing complexion is with the use of a highlight. You can either mix it with your foundation to create an all-over radiance or concentrate it in places where you need it such as your cheekbones, brow bones, cupid's bow, and the center of your forehead. Two of my favorite highlights are Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl and Clarins Instant Complexion Perfector in Rose Shimmer. Both of them are incredibly subtle and just create the most beautiful glow ever. They just make your skin look like it's lit from within. None of them have obvious shimmers in them, so they won't make your skin look shiny or oily at all. I did not include swatches for these products just because I think that a swatch just won't do them justice and you must go in store to try them out yourself.

A glowing complexion won't be complete without a cream blush, which just helps to accentuate your cheekbones and adds a fresh and natural glow to the cheeks. My favorite one is Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera, which is a gorgeous peachy coral blush, and you can click here to see the swatch for it in my cream blushes post.

So I hope this post has changed your mind on glowy or dewy products because I know that a lot of people think that they are just for people with dry skin, but in fact they will benefit people with all types of skin, and they are now absolute essentials in my makeup routine.

3 comments:

  1. The Becca product has been on my wish list for a loooong time now! I've been wanting to mix it in with my liquid foundations. I've gone into Sephora but I've never seen them selling Becca :/ Did you purchase yours online or in-store? Thanks, Rainy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it online, but I think they might have becca at the sephora in eaton. Trust me it's gorgeous, and it comes with so much product that its going to last you a lifetime

      Delete
    2. OO, Eaton's is so far away. I think I'm just gonna take the plunge and buy online aha :) The Sephora's near me don't carry a lot of the online brands. Thanks, Rainy!

      Delete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...