Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Skincare Routine: Masks Part #1


Masks are something that I use religiously every week as I found that they make the biggest difference to my skin. I often like to use a few different masks in conjunction, starting off with a detox mask to give my skin a deep cleanse, I then usually follow up with a radiance mask to exfoliate the dead skin cells off my skin, lastly I try to put back moisture into my skin by using a hydrating mask. I found that this routine has really improved my skin and has become a crucial step in my skincare routine.

Since I have a lot of masks to go through, I've decided to split it into two parts. Part one is going to be all about detoxifying masks, and part two will be about radiance and hydrating masks. I like to use detoxifying masks right when I get out of the shower, as the hot water in the shower really gets my pores open and facilitates the detox masks in getting deep down into my pores and getting all the gunk out.

Michael Todd Kaolin Clay Mask has all kinds of clays in it to help absorb excess oils, dirt and toxins deep down in your pores to create a clearer complexion. It also has sulfur in it, which is a natural ingredient used to treat acne. As you wash off this mask, the tiny clay particles help to gently exfoliate your skin without being harsh and drying.

Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask uses active charcoal to dissolve and draw out the the gunk that's clogging your pores. I find that this one is really effective at getting out those stubborn whiteheads, and I've noticed significant smaller pores every time I use this.

Elemental Herbology Facial Detox is something that I've recently discovered after reading so many good reviews on blogs, and I'm completely in love with it. It's gentle yet effective, and it's just a quick pick-me-up when my skin is looking dull and congested. While the clay helps to decongest the skin, the manuka honey helps to calm and hydrate the skin as well as providing antibacterial benefits. This is a must-have for oily, congested and acne-prone skin!

I've mentioned the King Olive Olive Sebum Care Mask before as my go-to product for getting rid of any blackheads. It is the only thing I found that completely gets rid of my blackheads while also being gentle on my pores, unlike a lot of traditional nose strips which can be harsh and even make your pores larger in the end which leads to the formation of more blackheads. You can get this from sasa.com for around $10.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try clay masks but have never known where to start. There are so many! x)

    The last facial mask looks interesting. I've never found any product to work for the blackheads on my nose. Does it somehow dissolve blackheads or do you have to use it after cleaning out the blackheads for prevention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only thing I use for my blackheads, I don't use anything else. It's like a thick black goop that's wet when you first put it on, and then it dries and you can just peel it off. It really gets deep down into my pores and holds onto my blackheads, and when I peel it off I can actually see my blackheads coming out.

      Delete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...