Sunday, June 16, 2013

Drugstore Eye Favorites


When it comes to eye products, there are a lot of affordable options at the drugstore that are very comparable to high-end eye makeup in terms of quality, so you definitely don't have to break the bank when it comes to buying eye makeup.

Maybelline Color Tattoos have got to be the longest wearing cream shadows that I've tried, and I've tried a lot over the years including Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder, etc., and nothing compares to Maybelline longevity wise. They can be worn alone, or under other eyeshadows to enhance the pigmentation. The color I have here is Inked In Pink, which is a gorgeous pink color that I like to wear on its own during the summer time for a bright, wide-eyed look.

NYX Single Eyeshadows are great powder eyeshadows from the drusgtore that are super smooth and pigmented. These are great to play around with if you're just starting out with wearing eye makeup and want to find colors that suit you. NYX makes some great matte eyeshadow colors, which are quite hard to come by as most matte shadows from the drugstore are quite sheer. The color I have is Red Bean Pie, which is a purpley mauve color that I like to use in my crease, which looks much more interesting than the typical browns and blacks.

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows are a must-have from the drugstore. They are basically the exact dupes for the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Eyeshadows, considering that L'oreal owns Giorgio Armani and both of these eyeshadows are probably made in the same place. These are pressed pigments that are intensely pigmented and give your eyes this wet look when you put them on. The color I have is Bronzed Taupe, which just like its names says is a bronzy taupe color, and I often just wear this on its own because it helps to brighten and define my eyes at the same time.

Milani Shadow Eyez are another type of cream eye product that are great to use for a sheer wash of color all over the eyelids. They are super shimmery and easy to blend, and last pretty well on the eyelids. The color I have is Champagne Toast, which is a peachy champagne color that everyone needs to have in their makeup collection.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliners are super creamy, pigmented and long-lasting. The color Nude is great to use on the lower waterlines to achieve bigger and brighter eyes, and this is the only liner I find that lasts on my waterlines.

Here are the swatches:


Last but not the least are the Wet N Wild Palettes, which are amazing value for the money. These eyeshadows are super buttery smooth, and the pigmentation is just out of this world! I pretty much own all of their palettes and single eyeshadows, and shall I say that I like these better than my Urban Decay and Mac eyeshadows? Hard to believe right? The one I have here is called Petal Pusher, and it contains some of my favorite purples and pinks.

Here are the swatches for some of the colors in the palette:

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...