Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Skincare Routine: Eyes & Lips


I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to eyes and lips, so I don't do much besides just making sure that they are moisturized and hydrated. For my nighttime eyecream, I use the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream, which is the only eyecream I've found that truly helps with dry undereye area and fine lines. It is packed with vitamin E and other beneficial nutrients to help to keep your eye area hydrated. I've suffered from fine lines for a few years now, and I've noticed a huge reduction in my fine lines ever since I started using this.

For my daytime eye cream, I use the Lierac Instant Smoothing Gel. It has a cooling sensation when you put it on, which helps with depuffing your eyes. It dries down to a slightly tacky finish, so it also acts as a primer to help any eye makeup that you put on top adhere to your eye lids better. If you have dry skin, you can definitely use this as an eye cream and primer in one, but as I have oily eye lids I still use a primer on top just to be sure.

Since I wear a lot of waterproof mascaras which can be a bit harsh on my lashes, I find that it's really important to take care of my lashes as well. Canmake Lash Care Essence was rated as one of the best selling makeup items in Japan so that's why I decided to give it a try. It contains several types of botanical ingredients which help to nourish your lashes overnight. I've noticed that my lashes look longer and fuller since I started using this.

To exfoliate my lips, I use the Lush Lip Scrub, which is just a typical sugar scrub. There are other ones on the market but this is just what I have on hand. After I've exfoliated, I usually will slather on a thick layer of Dior Creme De Rose Lipbalm, which is a product that's totally worth all the hypes around it. It is packed with vitamin E, essential oils and shea butter, and it is an absolute savior for dry and cracked lips. It just feels so luxurious on the lips and doesn't leave a greasy residue- best lip balm ever! I sometimes also put this on top of my lipsticks which helps to make my lips look fuller and plumper.

If I'm in a hurry in the morning, I usually will slather on the Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate, which just gives my lips a slightly coral tint. These keep my lips hydrated throughout the day and they also come with several other colors, including a clear one that you can use overnight. Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...