Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Favorite Drugstore Face Products


I'm pretty picky when it comes to face products as I have quite acne prone skin and I don't like to try out a lot of drugstore face products as I find that they often have really harsh ingredients that can be quite irritating on my skin. However these products are some of my favorite face products in general and are very comparable to some of my high-end face products.

Bourjois is one of my favorite drugstore brand, although it is a bit more on the pricey side. Their makeup are really high quality and well-made. I have the Bourjois Powder Blush in 54 Rose Frisson which is bright coral color that's great for the spring and summer. It is a finely milled powder that's super soft and easy to blend, and lasts forever on the skin. Bourjois Bronzing Powder is a good drugstore bronzer that won't look muddy or orangey on the skin; it's completely matte and gives the skin a nice sun-kissed glow. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation is definitely one of my go-to foundations; it feels super light on the skin and gives the skin a natural coverage.The reason why it's called a serum foundation is because it contains vitamin-rich fruit extracts in it to help to give the skin moisture and an overall radiance. It never feels greasy or cakey on the skin and is great for all skin types. I like to use the Boujois Healthy Mix Concealer for my undereye area because it is super moisturizing and doesn't settle into my fine lines.

Speaking of undereye concealers, the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is another one of my favorites. It contains micro shimmers which help to instantly brighten up the undereye area to make you look much more awake, and once you blend out the concealer you won't be able to see the shimmers at all.

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer is what I use to cover up any discolorations or acne scars on my face. It is super opaque and long-lasting, and is great for the summer time. This is a UK drugstore brand, but you can find it on ebay for around $10.

The NYX Powder Blush in Taupe is such an unique color in that it is a pinky taupe color that can be used both as a blush and a contour. It has a grey undertone which makes it great for contouring your whole face to give your face a subtle definition. When used as a blush, it makes your cheeks look super defined and chiseled. Again, I've never seen this color anywhere before and I find that it looks much more natural on the face than the typical bronzers which are often brown-based; however because this NYX blush is grey-based it helps to create natural shadows on your face.

Here is a closer look:


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rainy. It's Gina. Do you think NYX Taupe would work for my skin colour? You're a lot lighter than I am and if you're using it as a contour, I doubt it'll work for me but I thought I'd ask. Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might not show up on your complexion. Try out Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, I know a lot of darker-complexioned people like it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks a bunch! I'll check it out when I'm in Sephora.

      Delete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...