Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Brand Overview: Dior


When it comes to high-end makeup, Dior has got to be one of my favorite brands. Even though their prices are quite up there, I do think that you're getting what you paid for in terms of quality. Dior is known for making very wearable, natural makeup that is great to wear on the daily basis.

Amber Diamond is probably Dior's most popular and hyped up product. It is a powder highlight with very finely-milled shimmers that can be worn both on the face and on the eyes. This is my go-to highlight as it just creates the most beautiful and sophisticated glow that doesn't look tacky at all.

Dior Nude Foundation is my foundation of choice when I want to achieve a flawless yet still natural complexion. It has a medium coverage and dries matte while still making your skin look like it has a glow from within. It is a fluid-based foundation so it has a thin consistency and feels very light on the skin.

Dior Nude Hydrating Concealer has the same concept as the Dior Nude Foundation in that it also feels light and looks very natural on the skin, while also providing good coverage. This is my go-to concealer during the colder months as it is the only concealer I found that won't emphasize my dry patches.

Dior Skinflash is an amazing concealer to use under the eyes to create a bright, glowing look. It has the same concept as the YSL Touche Eclat, but it works so much better. I find that the YSL Touche Eclat barely does anything for my undereyes- it doesn't cover anything and it is not very hydrating so it often settles into my fine lines. Dior Skinflash on the other hand provides medium coverage and cancels out any darkness I have in my undereye eye area. It is also super hydrating and doesn't crease at all.

Dior Addict Lipgloss in #957 is a dark berry red color that is great to wear all year-round. It is very hydrating on the lips and doesn't feel sticky at all. It is pretty pigmented so it can be worn on its own or over other lipsticks, and it makes my lips look super juicy and glossy. Dior Addict Lipstick in #681 Icone is a very wearable pink color that is great for everyday makeup. Again, it makes my lips look super moisturized and hydrated.

In my last skincare post, I mentioned the Dior Creme De Rose as my favorite lipbalm. It just feels super luxurious on the lips and hydrates my lips like no other.

Here are the swatches:

               

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...